Outreach

While being a Graduate Student, Elliott is consistently looking for new ways to help out the world. Here are some of the ways I'm trying to make a difference:

1. I work closely with the SPD Foundation and the STAR Center in conducting new research to help children with sensory challenges (many children with Autism and ASD are challenged by sensory input).

2. I helped teach multiple classes including MAS 630 Affective Computing and co-founding Behavioral Research and Methods in the Media Lab.

3. Finalist in Open IDEO for Amnesty International. I argued that Amnesty International needed to include more emotional stories rather than its numerical reporting of scary statistics. To capitalize on this transformation, I suggested creating a "Sponsor a Spouse" program where supporters can donate directly to people are affected with a face and name.

4. I am a GRT fo Bexley Hall where I help support undergraduates on a variety of issues including roommate issues, drug and alcohol problems, building community, and playing board games.

5. I worked with Project C.U.R.E. in developing new ways of repairing medical equipment in Africa and South America.